For the Love of my Country

This morning, I was fortunate enough to get the complete words of our old national anthem which was in use from 1960 to 1978. 

I am more than delighted to share with you theses words written by Lillian Jean Williams and composed by Frances Berda. 

Nigeria we hail thee,
Our own dear native land, 
though tribe and tongue may differ, 
in brotherhood we stand, 
Nigerians all, and proud to serve Our sovereign Motherland.

Our flag shall be a symbol
That truth and justice reign,
In peace or battle honour'd,
And this we count as gain,
To hand on to our children
A banner without stain.

O God of all creation,
Grant this our one request,
Help us to build a nation
Where no man is oppressed,
And so with peace and plenty
Nigeria may be blessed. 

We all need to rise up and defend her peace and unity God helping us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essay: How I spent my Easter Holiday.

How to Spot a Jerkazoid

My Waist line!